A Leadership program is offered to grade four students, giving them an opportunity to be involved in creating a safe, caring, respectful, and welcoming environment and culture for all students of our school.
Those who participate in the program help foster a sense of belonging, respect, responsibility and variety in learning opportunities by promoting the values outlined in Sturgeon Public Schools’ guiding principles.
Some activities Grade 4 Leadership students participate include:
- Leading monthly assemblies
- Promoting school theme/activity days
- Decorating a tree for the community’s Festival of Trees
- Hosting school-wide events
- Hosting special guests at our school
- Supporting programs such as Jump Rope for Heart, Coats for Kids and Redwater Food Bank Drive
- Being master of ceremonies for special school events
- Organizing special equipment on the playground
- Organizing and hosting the Volunteer Tea
- Organizing Student Voice Focus Groups
Students in this program are also given a number of opportunities to grow their leadership and public speaking skills.